MSP® Programme Management - Foundation and Practitioner
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is the MSP® Programme Management - Foundation and Practitioner Course?
This accredited MSP® Programme Management Foundation and Practitioner course helps you get qualified and become immediately productive as a
member of a project and programme environment.
The Foundation & Practitioner course prepares you for an internationally recognised qualification in MSP® Programme Management, a best practice for Programme Management. MSP is the world’s most widely-adopted programme management method, used by people and organisations from wide-ranging industries and sectors.
The Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) guidance explains the programme management principles, governance themes and transformational flow that should be applied to the management of programmes or transformational change in any environment.
The purpose of the foundation qualification is to determine whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP® guidance to interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP. The foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner qualification.
The purpose of the practitioner qualification is to determine whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP® guidance to apply the guidance to their own work and, hence, act as an informed member of a programme management team. That is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP environment.
Candidates should be capable of applying the MSP® guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within an environment that uses MSP.
This package is accredited for and covers both Foundation and Practitioner level study and qualification.
Who is the MSP® Programme Management - Foundation and Practitioner Course Suitable For?
This online MSP® Programme Management Foundation and Practitioner course is aimed at project, programme, business change managers, aspiring programme managers and anyone who manages projects and programmes. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects and programmes such as Members of a Programme Office (PO), business change team members, project delivery team members, as well as anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP and those wishing to pursue higher level certifications (e.g. programme managers, business change managers (BCMs) and senior responsible owners (SROs).
This is an accredited course eligible for CPDs/PDUs and prepares you for a qualification in MSP® Programme Management
What's Included in the MSP® Programme Management - Foundation and Practitioner Course?
- 13 modules with associated engaging, motion graphic video presented lessons
- Notes to support each lesson and references to further suggested reading.
- Support materials and exercises to consolidate the learning
- Foundation level sample questions to test and embed the learning
- Practitioner level sample questions to test comprehension of the subject
- Official MSP online Foundation and Practitioner Exams included.
- Eligible for 30 CPU/PDU points.
Benefits of Method
- Improve your delivery confidence as everyone understands their role in delivering what the business expects.
- Terminology that is common in all projects, programmes & portfolios around the world with a methodology that works ‘effectively with ‘knowledge based practices
- Close your projects well to ensure lessons are captured and project assets are protected
- Structured approach with controls to provide a delivery methodology that works repeatedly and will enable you to successfully deliver projects
- Clearly understand your role, governance and responsibilities including the triggers, inputs and expected outputs
- Start your projects well to ensure successful and consistent delivery to achieve the expected benefits
- Enhance your CV and boost future employment prospects.
This accredited course aims to provide you with a straight forward route to becoming a fully certificated Registered Practitioner in your own time and at your own pace.
Examination & Certification
The exam is included in the course fees.
What will students achieve or be able to do after taking your course?
- Understand the key principles and terminology within the MSP guidance , distinguish between projects and programmes, identify the MSP defined types of programme and their characteristics
- Explain the benefits of applying the MSP guidance to the management of a programme of transformational change, Identify additional value as a result of managing the described change as an MSP programme.
- Explain the purpose, relationship between and apply the seven MSP principles, the seven governance themes, the seven transformational flow processes, the MSP programme information/documents and the MSP defined programme management roles.
- Produce and evaluate examples of MSP programme information/documents.
- Help you to become immediately productive as a member of an project, programme environment.
- Prepare you for a Practitioner level qualification in MSP® Programme Management.
- Official MSP online Practitioner Exam included.
- Eligible for 30 Category - C PDUs or CPDs
Familiarity with projects, programmes and Project/Programme management is useful but not essential.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
1GB RAM [512MB RAM] & at least 1GB of available hard disk space.
The learning application is based on HTML5 technologies and therefore the latest version of Web Browser is a pre-requisite ( Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11). These products can be downloaded free of charge.
The system should include the latest updates & service packs and have at least 1GB free hard disk space.
Whilst the learning application might work on smaller screens and devices that support HTML5 technologies, the learning application is best viewed on a desktop, laptop or a tablet.
Here at SPOCE we have developed our own brand of award-winning e-learning courses to support your selfstudy, accessible worldwide from our Learning Management
Now you can even take your exams online too!
- Provides flexibility for those wishing to study at a
time, pace and place convenient to them.
- A flexible choice of different self-study options,
including a blended-learning package combining selfstudy with a classroom-based revision day
- A cost-effective solution for both individuals and
- Online learning gives you the freedom to access from
- Work at your own pace and no need to participate if
not for you.
- Module are full of interactive, video content and exam
E-learning is the perfect solution for those that are confident with self
study and like to learn at their own pace.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
An APM, APMG, AXELOS and PeopleCert accredited training organisation, SPOCE offers a range of project, programme, risk and service management training courses carried out with the use of online distance learning, blended learning, classroom training and virtual delivery methods. Options range from change management, project and programme, business analysis, P3M3 Consulting services and beyond, focusing on the best practice methods that are highly regarded across the globe.
All registered trademarks acknowledged. No claims are made to these trademarks which are used for reference and identification purposes.
APM is a trademark of the Association for Project Management
ITIL®, M_o_R®, MoP®, MSP®, MoV®, P3O®, PRINCE2® and PRINCE2 Agile® are registered trademarks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ and Resilia™ are trademarks of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
P3M3® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The ‘P3M3® AXELOS Consulting Partner logo’ is a trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Microsoft® and Windows® are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation.
DSDM®, DSDM logo, Atern® & AgilePM® are registered trademarks of Agile Business Consortium Limited. All rights reserved.
APMG International GDPR Awareness is a trademark of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
APMG International Change Management is a trademark of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
‘The APMG-International AgilePM and Swirl Device logo', ‘The APMG-International Change Management and Swirl Device logo’ are trademarks of The APM Group Limited, used under permission of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
The BCS logo™ is a trademark of the British Computer Society.
APMG International Lean Six Sigma and APMG International LeanIT are trademarks of The APM Group Limited. All rights reserved.
IACCM is a trademark of the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management.
OBASHI® is a registered trademark in the United Kingdom and other countries
COBIT® is a trademark of ISACA® registered in the United States and other countries.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a non-governmental organization which is a network of the national standards institutes of 156 countries.
ISO is the owner of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard.
RESILIA™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Ltd, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
BRMP® is a Registered Trade Mark of Business Relationship Management Institute, Inc.
CBRM® is a registered trademark of Business Relationship Management Institute.
SIAM® is a registered trademark
VeriSM™ is a trade mark of IFDC
SPOCE and the SPOCE logo are trademarks of SPOCE Project Management Ltd.