Anyone looking to become qualified in occupational health and safety needs to know which courses are considered to be among the best. With many courses to choose from it is easy to find it difficult to pick the right one for you. Sadly many of the training opportunities are not ideal as they are not based upon the Health and Safety Executive best practices or around the current laws. This is why it is worth looking at NEBOSH, but what is NEBOSH?
A Highly Regarded Examination Board
NEBOSH stands for the National Examination Board of Occupational Safety and Health. Founded in 1929 they quickly became respected and considered one of the best independent awarding bodies and they now have a charitable status. They provide qualifications for construction and occupational health and safety which are now globally recognised in private and public sectors. The courses and qualifications are also fully recognised by the Institution Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
What NEBOSH Courses are Available?
There are many excellent NEBOSH courses that can be taken via e-learning or distance learning. These are more suited to professionals that need to work while they are getting the training they need to improve their skills and take on new levels of responsibilities. Some of the most popular courses include:
- NEBOSH Working with Wellbeing
- NEBOSH HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
- NEBOSH IIRSM Certificate in Managing Risk
- NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work
- NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Managing Stress at Work
- NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- NEBOSH International General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- NEBOSH Level 6 National Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH Level 6 International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction
- NEBOSH International Construction Certificate
- NEBOSH Fire Certificate
- NEBOSH International Fire Certificate
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- NEBOSH Oil & Gas Certificate
- NEBOSH International Oil & Gas Certificate Management Professionals
- NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH HSE Certificate in H&S Leadership Excellence
- NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management
Who Can Take the NEBOSH Training?
Most training courses are available to anyone wishing to gain a new qualification. Some of the training opportunities are suited to those already in a role of responsibility such as supervisors, managers and owners of businesses. Others can be taken by everyone regardless of their position in the company. You can also enrol on the courses if you are investing in your own education.
The courses from NEBOSH are often provided to employees by their employers. The learning outcomes can be quickly transferred into the workplace. This improves the management of health and safety at work, saves the company money by reducing legal risks, poor health, costs and absences. If you are investing in your workforce the various courses can prove to be extremely beneficial and they are available throughout the year. You may also be able to save money if you have several employees that require the training.If you would like to learn more about the awarding body feel free to contact us on 0808 1966 830.