Anyone working within a sector of the food and drink manufacturing industry has to be made fully aware of how the handling operations could be hazardous. As a business owner you have to consider the effects that the handling could have on the health of the employees within your organisation. Food hygiene courses can provide you with lots of skills on how to implement handling and keep everyone safe.
The problems that can arise include:
- Backache and strain
- Sore shoulders
- Repetition injuries such as numb and tingling wrists, fingers and hands
The handling injuries could be noticed quickly or build over time and therefore it is essential that everyone is trained in how they are to work correctly. You will need to consider the processes involved in a huge variety of jobs such as:
- Lifting boxes
- Loading kegs
- Emptying boxes
- Handling bins and wastage
- Packing boxes
Work Out the Areas You Need to Concentrate on More
Each of the jobs in your organisation will need to be considered although more attention should be paid to the work that is considered to be high risks. The risk of musculoskeletal injuries come from five different causes which are staking, pushing racks or trolleys, cutting meat and poultry, packing products and handling the containers of liquids such as kegs and crates. The steps you take only need to be reasonably practicable so you will need to evaluate the most dangerous areas using risk assessments.
There are various food safety courses that are available to choose from:
- Level 2 Food Safety in Catering - Addressing food safety needs in catering and hospitality
- Level 2 Food Safety on Manufacturing - Designed for those who work in manufacturing or processing environments
- Level 3 Supervising Food Safety - Higher level of training in food hygiene
- Introduction to HACCP Level 2 - Helps in understanding the use of this system in a food business
- Level 3 Food Safety in Manufacturing - Indispensable if you are the manager/supervisor of a small, medium or large food manufacturing business
Each of the food hygiene courses can be taken in many different training centres in the UK. It is also be possible to request in-house training if you have multiple candidates that require the training. Call us on 0808 1966 830.