Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
The exam associated with this Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications course retired January 31, 2021.
The Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications course has been designed to give you real-world knowledge that you can put to use from day one. It's highly flexible, so you can set your own timetable and study at your own pace.
Who is the Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications Course Suitable For?
This online Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications course is suitable for anyone who manages their Microsoft training, it can be used for exam prep, on-boarding new staff, or as part of a team training plan.
By choosing online learning instead of a classroom based course, it eliminates the need for time away from work, saving you valuable time and money. It is ideal for those with tight schedules as our online courses give you 12 months unlimited access to all the course materials, so you can study at a pace that suits you. Allowing you to easily resume your studies whenever you have the time. All you need is internet connection to study, so you can study from the comfort of your home or any environment that suits you.
What's Included in the Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications Course?
12 Months Unlimited Access
Each student will have 12 months unlimited access to allow you to have access to the training anytime 24/7.
Module 1: Introduction to Web Development
- 1.1 Course and Instructor Introduction
- 1.2 ASP.Net Using Visual Studio
- 1.3 ASP.Net Tools in Visual Studio
- 1.4 ASP.Net Data Validation Part 1
- 1.5 ASP.Net Data Validation Part 2
- 1.6 ASP.Net Web User Control
- 1.7 ASP.Net Creating Web Service
- 1.8 ASP.Net Web Service Explained
- 1.9 Classes Defined
Module 2: C Sharp
- 2.1 Intro to C Sharp
- 2.2 Functions in C Sharp
- 2.3 If Statements in C Sharp
- 2.4 Static Variables in C Sharp
- 2.5 Loops in C Sharp
- 2.6 Debugging in C Sharp
- 2.7 Introduction to Windows Forms in C Sharp
- 2.8 More Windows Forms in C Sharp
- 2.9 Windows Forms Controls in C Sharp
- 2.10 Object Oriented Programming in C Sharp
- 2.11 Constructors and Destructors in C Sharp
- 2.12 Members of a Class in C Sharp
- 2.13 Class Inheritance in C Sharp
- 2.14 Abstract Classes in C Sharp
- 2.15 Enumerations in C Sharp
- 2.16 Exception Handling in C Sharp
- 2.17 Creating XML Documents in C Sharp
- 2.18 Putting it All Together in a File in C Sharp
Module 3: HTML and CSS Comprehensive Review
- 3.1 Intro to HTML
- 3.2 HTML Markup
- 3.3 Lists in HTML
- 3.4 Links in HTML
- 3.5 Tables in HTML
- 3.6 Forms in HTML
- 3.7 Intro to CSS
- 3.8 CSS Color Properties
Module 4: Intro to SQL Server
- 4.1 Databases Defined
- 4.2 Tables Defined
- 4.3 Basic Query Optimization
- 4.4 Defining and Using Store Procedures
- 4.5 Creating Stored Procedure
- 4.6 Executing Store Procedure from C Sharp
- 4.7 Executing Store Procedure from ASP.Net
- 4.8 Changing ASP.Net Interface to Retrieve Data Part 1
- 4.9 Changing ASP.Net Interface to Retrieve Data Part 2
Module 5: Java Script a Comprehensive Introduction
- 5.1 Intro to Java Script
- 5.2 Using Java Script for Data Validation
- 5.3 Using Java Script to Manipulate Documents
- 5.4 Variables in Java Script
- 5.5 If Statements in Java Script
- 5.6 Logical Operators in Java Script
- 5.7 If Else Statements in Java Script
- 5.8 Switch Statements in Java Script
- 5.9 For Loops in Java Script
- 5.10 For and While Loops in Java Script
Module 6: Object Based Java Script
- 6.1 Working with String Object
- 6.2 More on String Object
- 6.3 The Math Object
- 6.4 Creating Your Own Objects
- 6.5 String Manipulation in Java Script
- 6.6 Programming the Browser in Java Script
- 6.7 Browser Versions in Java Script
- 6.8 Working with Forms in Java Script
Module 7: Model View and Controller
- 7.1 MVC Mindset
- 7.2 MVC: Defined
- 7.3 Create an MVC Project
- 7.4 MVC Project Initial Walkthrough
- 7.5 MVC Building Routes
- 7.6 MVC Approach
- 7.7 Controllers
- 7.8 Controllers from Scratch
- 7.9 MVC Routing
- 7.10 MVC Routing Constraints
- 7.11 Routing Constraint Attributes
- 7.12 MVC Attribute Routing
Module 8: A Comprehensive Introduction to jQuery
- 8.1 What is jQuery
- 8.2 jQuery Effects
- 8.3 Get and Set Elements in jQuery
- 8.4 Add and Remove Elements in jQuery
- 8.5 CSS in jQuery
- 8.6 Ancestors and Descendants
Module 9: Course Review
- 9.1 MVC Best Practices
- 9.2 Testing The Application
- 9.3 Writing for Production
- 9.4 Review: Web Development
- 9.5 Review: C Sharp
- 9.6 Review: HTML and CSS
- 9.7 Review: SQL Server
- 9.8 Review: Java Script
- 9.9 Review: Software Development Lifecycle
- 9.10 Review: Design Patterns
- 9.11 Review: jQuery
- 9.12 Conclusion
Assessment / Exam
You'll sit an exam at a local test centre. We provide interactive quizzes after each module and a mock exam at the end of your course to ensure you're fully prepared for the real thing. Once you've passed with at least 80%, you'll be able to book your exam as a private candidate.
To make life easier, we can help you find an appropriate exam centre and give you all the information you need to secure your place. You can use the Pearson Vue Test Locator to find test centre locations near you.
Please note that the exam fees aren’t included in the course price. To find the latest exam prices, visit:
Once you’re fully prepared and ready to sit your exam, all you’ll have to do is purchase your exam voucher and schedule your exam at a test centre near you.
A minimum of two to three years of experience developing web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET, proficiency in using the .NET Framework, and some familiarity with the C# language.
- HTML5 Programmer
- Web Developer
- Web Designer
Once you have achieved your certification, you'll have full access to our recruitment package for a wide range of information and advice - including:
- How to put together a killer CV, Covering Letters and Thank You emails.
- How to gain relevant work experience.
- How to prepare for interviews.
- How to understand Job adverts.
- How to choose the right recruitment agency.
- How to look for work on LinkedIn.
- Information on dealing with redundancy.
Getting a Microsoft certification will always help you stand out from the crowd, now and in the future - whether you're just starting out, developing your career, or changing direction entirely.
Research by e-Skills UK has shown that IT and telecommunications now employs 1 in 20 of the UK workforce. It also suggests the digital sector will need nearly 300,000 new recruits by 2020 to meet the demand for skills in this area.
For short courses upon successful completion you will be awarded a personalised certificate of completion.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All students enrolled on this course are eligible to apply for a TOTUM PRO Card, which offers discounts in a wide range of shops and websites, helping you get money off food, holidays and flights, clothes, make-up gym memberships and much more.
The TOTUM PRO card is aimed at professional learners, giving you access to exclusive discounts.
Our training works on all devices including Mobile phones, IPad’s, Android tablets, Macs and PC’s.
For the best viewing experience on our state-of-the-art e-learning platform we recommend an internet connection of 10Mbps or better.
Please also use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your browser with Adobe Flash Player.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Our mission is to help you learn the skills you need to reach your full potential.
We are one of the fastest growing online training providers. We offer engaging, effective and flexible online training solutions to both individuals and businesses.
We develop courses that help individuals to prepare for and complete their certification exams with ease. Our unique, flexible approach to learning means you don’t have to put your life on hold to get certified. You can study full time and part time, from home and work and on the move; online and on mobile devices.
We provide world class education developed by highly skilled and experienced instructors. Our courses are upgraded regularly to ensure our learners are up-to-date with the latest industry requirements and best practices.