NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety?
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is a degree-level course that builds on the training modules taught in the NEBOSH International General Certificate.
Who is the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Course Suitable For?
This distance learning NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety course is suitable for professionals looking to advance their health and safety careers in a senior role outside of the UK.
What's Included in the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Course?
On completion of this distance learning NEBOSH International Diploma distance learning course, candidates will become eligible for Graduate Membership to the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (GradIOSH) and full membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM). Furthermore, with additional professional development, prestigious Chartered Safety Practitioner (CMIOSH) status can be achieved. Alternatively, further studies can be completed in most UK universities which accept the International Diploma as prior learning that meets their entry criteria for postgraduate MSc courses.
Please note that for candidates who currently work or intend to base their careers in the UK, the NEBOSH National Diploma may be more suitable.
In order to give international students the opportunity to benefit from first-class tuition while studying a time, pace and location that suits their lifestyle and other work commitments, this course is available as a distance learning programme.
All NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety course materials are prepared by a team of specialist consultants and qualified educational professionals who are experienced in health and safety, led by our Technical Writer and Lead Diploma Tutor, Dr Julie Riggs, DProf, MSc, CMIOSH, MBOHS, MISIAQ. Dr Riggs is a world-renowned expert in health and safety who has given presentations to the House of Commons and been interviewed for national television and radio shows.
Course materials include
- Informative, engaging and interactive study guides that are presented in both traditional print and textbook format as well as digital copies.
- Step-by-step study units that guide candidates through the core health and safety requirements for safe and profitable, international business practice.
- Personalised study timetables developed in partnership with an assigned tutor.
- Revision support in preparation for scheduled exam dates.
- Expert tuition from our qualified, experienced tutors who are available for instant support by phone, email, Facebook and Skype.
- Access to regular live webinars and Skype surgeries where candidates can discuss assignments with course peers and online tutors.
- Facebook discussion groups which have 1000+ active members for sharing tips, advice and information, plus access to video tutorials to aid revision via YouTube channel.
- Regular tutor-marked assignments and feedback.
- Web-based revision sessions plus advice, quizzes and support, including access to past exam papers to help candidates prepare for written NEBOSH exams.
Course StructureThe NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety is split into four distinct, taught and practical units of learning:
- Unit IA: Managing Health and Safety.
- Unit IB: Hazardous Substances / Agents.
- Unit IC: Workplace and Work Equipment Safety.
- Unit DNI: Application of health and safety in the workplace. This unit involves a workplace based assessment that tests the practical application of knowledge gained in units IA-IC.
Final Assessments and NEBOSH Examination
To successfully graduate from the course, candidates must pass a written exam and complete a practical, work-based assessment.
When studying via distance learning you don’t pay for your exam(s) upfront — you choose your preferred exam dates and pay later directly with the training provider after you’ve booked the course.
Exam dates are set by NEBOSH.
All course materials and certificates will be sent via post. There will be an additional charge if booking outside of the UK. We will contact you with the delivery charge once booking has been made.
Health and safety officer courses for responsible businesses
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
- Understanding health and safety regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Managing safely with the best employees on your team
- Managing safely for better business
For accredited courses such as NEBOSH and IOSH a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
For short health and safety courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
All you need to complete our health and safety e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
Online learning courses provide flexible learning experiences so that you study whenever, easily fitting learning around other commitments.
Our e-learning courses include interactive activities, real-life scenarios, and practice exam questions, all designed to provide an informative and engaging learning experience. The programmes can be bookmarked, making it easy for learners to pick up where they left off and study around their schedule.
Our short health and safety courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Founded in 2005, Phoenix Health & Safety are one of the nation's leading health and safety training providers, and are committed to providing an unbeatable service and learning experience to students.
We deliver NEBOSH, IOSH, NVQ, Construction, First Aid and general health and safety courses to your organisation and employees. Our courses are available online, at a training centre, in-house or via distance learning. Our training courses are comprehensive and cover all aspects of health, safety and environmental management.
Envico is working in partnership with Phoenix Health & Safety offering NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with NEBOSH, IOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.