Risk Assessment in Practice
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is the Risk Assessment in Practice Course?
The Risk Assessment in Practice course provides knowledge and skills to assist employers in conducting workplace risk assessments in accordance with published authoritative health and safety guidance.
The Risk Assessment in Practice course will support you with conducting legally compliant risk assessments in accordance with the HSE guidance INDG163.
Who is the Risk Assessment in Practice Course Suitable For?
This online Risk Assessment in Practice course is for you if your role requires you to complete a generic workplace risk assessment and to undertake risk assessments within your own workplace.
What's Included in the Risk Assessment in Practice Course?
Online / E-learning - Instant access with interactive study support
At the end of this online Risk Assessment in Practice course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the legal requirements for risk assessment.
- Describe the differences in qualitative and quantitative methods used to evaluate and record risks.
- Understand methods of identifying health and safety hazards and persons at risk
- Use a risk matrix to evaluate risk.
- Apply a practical hierarchy of measures to prevent or control risk.
- Understand the concept of safe systems of work, the use of permits and dynamic risk assessment.
- Appreciate the influence of human factors in risk assessment.
- Know when and where to seek advice.
Introduction to Risk AssessmentThis section of the course covers:
- Sensible risk management, a sensible approach to the assessment and management of risk
- The legal requirements covering the requirements for health and safety at work in the UK.
- The methods of evaluating and recording the results of a risk assessment
- The principles of prevention
- Health and Safety arrangements
- Risk profiling
The Risk Assessment Process
- Identify the Hazards
- Decide who might be harmed and how.
- Evaluate the risks and decide on precautions.
- Record the findings and implementation.
- Review of the risk assessment
- Workplace precautions
- Risk Control Systems (RCS)
- Management of controls
- Hierarchies of control
- Eliminating Risk - reduce, isolate, control.
- Safe Systems of work (SSW)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Permits to Work (PTW)
- Model, Specific and Dynamic Risk Assessments
- Violations and errors
- Human factors in risk assessment
- Hazard and risk perception
- Hazard perception
Specific Cases for Risk Assessment
- New and expectant mothers
- Young persons
- Persons with disabilities
- Lone workers
- Conducting a risk assessment using scenario-based examples
Assessment / Examination
Once you complete the Risk Assessment in Practice online course, or completed a module, your tutor will issue you with the assessment.
Marking of the assessment and posting of the certificate can take between 2-4 weeks. A digital copy of the certificate is also available if required.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
To ensure that you get the best learning experience possible there are several things that you need to make sure of before you start.
You can access your course in any web browser but you need to make sure you have a recent version.
Pop ups are enabled differently in different web browsers. The easiest way to find out how to enable pop ups in your web browser, is by searching Google.
We recommend you have Adobe Reader installed on your computer so that you can save PDFs to view when you are not on the internet. You can download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website get.adobe.com/uk/reader
You might also find the Getting the most out of PDFs video on our YouTube channel useful.
All of our courses have some audio, so you might want to check you have speakers / headphones set up.
Please note: where audio is provided there will also be a text version of the information so you won’t miss any content by not having audio.
All of our online learning courses have been developed to give the best learning experience on a desktop or laptop computer, but some of them can now be accessed on tablets, like the iPad or Samsung Galaxy Tab. There are a wide range of tablets on the market and although the courses should work on all of them, to get the best mobile experience we recommend a few things:
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 600, with a recommended screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.
- Generally the standard web browser is the best one to use, so on an iPad, for example, use Safari. You may also need to change a setting in the browser to allow cookies from 3rd parties (you definitely will with Safari).
- The courses are accessed most easily when connected to Wi-Fi rather than mobile data networks. If you do access via a mobile data network please note that you may be charged by your service provider, depending on your contract.
The courses are best viewed in landscape but on occasion you might need to turn to portrait, to close a pop-up for example.
Our e-learning courses offer a modern and flexible way to learn, and you choose when and where you study.
It's a very interactive experience with online tutor support and lots of resources to prepare you for success.
The Online Learning Campus is one of the most innovative and easy to use learning platforms in the world. We developed each part ourselves with the functionality that you need.
With our immediate enrolment you can start studying as soon as possible and benefit from the support and guidance of professional resources throughout your course.
As part of the NEBOSH National General Certificate and NEBOSH International General Certificate online courses, master key topics with Astutis ExamSmart™. Get access to Astutis TrackSmart™ for your learning plan that's personalised to your chosen exam date or study availability.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
We are Astutis. Industry leaders in workplace health, safety, and environmental training, offering world-class services to individuals and organisations across the globe.
We provide international NEBOSH, IOSH and IEMA approved courses enabling companies to assess and manage risks, protect employees, and preserve the environment.
Envico is working in partnership with Astutis offering NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with NEBOSH, IOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.