The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health, or IOSH, have many excellent courses to choose from for those who wish to learn via e-learning. Here are just three to consider if you are looking to educate your employees in either an office or a hospitality sector.
IOSH Managing Safely
1. IOSH Managing Safely has been created for managers who need to receive some training to help manage the office and create a safe working environment. The e-learning version is perfectly designed for those who are unable to attend a classroom course and would prefer to spread the training out over six months although many candidates complete the training a lot quicker. The course will inform candidates of their responsibilities, teach them how to assess and control risks as well as incident investigation and measuring performance.
IOSH Working Safely
2. Working Safely is for all employees and is especially suitable for any of your new staff that have not received formal training in health and safety before. To pass the course the candidates will need to spend approximately six to eight hours training, however this can be spread out over a maximum of six months if necessary. There are five modules that focus on areas such as: risk assessments, recognising the risks and defining hazards that are found in the workplace.
3. Level 1 Food Safety in Catering - this online course provides an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
- New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge;
- Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A);
- Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff;
- Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
- Food Safety Legislation
- Hazards from Delivery to Service
- Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)
- Pests, Premises and People
You will be able to allow your employees to complete their training at times to suit you and them. The work can be completed at work providing you give access to a computer or the candidates could do the training at home in their own time.