IOSH Working Safely
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
Who is the IOSH Working Safely Course Suitable For?
The IOSH Working Safely course is suitable for new starters and workers from any sector requiring a grounding in health and safety.
What's Included in the IOSH Working Safely Course?
Online / E-learning
Module 1: Introducing ‘Working Safely’
- An introduction to the IOSH Working Safely course online and the principles of why working safely is important
Module 2: Defining hazard and risk
- Understanding what constitutes a ‘hazard’ and recognising the different types
- Understanding the principles of risk and risk assessment
Module 3: Identifying common hazards
- Recognising 18 of the most common workplace
- How they arise
- How to remove or reduce the risk
Module 4: Improving safety performance
- Understanding safe systems of work
- A look at how, when and why to use PPE
- Recognising safety signs
- An overview of emergency procedures and first aid
- Understanding the basics of measuring health and safety and reporting incidents
Module 5: Protecting our environment
- Understanding how industry affects the environment
- Discovering what industry and the individual can do to reduce pollution and waste
Complementing this IOSH Working Safely course online is a Learner’s Task Book containing activities designed to transfer learning to the real life workplace. A period of 6 months is allowed for completion.
Successful completion results in the award of an IOSH Working Safely certificate.
6 - 8 hours
- IOSH courses
- NEBOSH courses
- NVQ Health and Safety
An essential health and safety training guide
- Health and safety officer courses for responsible businesses
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
- Understanding health and safety regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Managing safely with the best employees on your team
- Managing safely for better business
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Learning Nexus is a customer-focused team that use emerging technology to:
- Help your people reach their true potential
- Promote manager empowerment
- Unlock lasting organisational success
As a Totara Platinum Partner since 2016, we support clients across the public, private and non-profit sectors to drive business compliance and success through their Totara TXP service.
Our award-winning design team are passionate about creating captivating content to inspire, engage and motivate your people.