Employees who work with food must receive food safety training. There are many small mistakes which can lead to very serious problems, and therefore morally the training is essential. However, any business handling food also has a legal responsibility and therefore finding training courses is essential.
Avoiding problems with your customers and legal action from the Health and Safety Executive, as well as compensation claims should be the priority of any food handling business. There are several food safety courses to consider.
The best place to start is by offering all employees who will be handling food the Level 2 Food Safety in Catering. This is suitable for all levels of employees and the course last just 1 - 2 hours. The training will provide information in the following areas:
- Food Safety Legislation
- Hazards from Delivery to Service
- Risk Control (Prevention of Contamination)
- Pests, Premises and People
Typical Environments May Include:
- Pubs, hotels, restaurants
- Supermarkets and retail environments
- Food and drink manufacturers
- Care homes
The basic course is not suitable for all levels of employees, so you will need to provide further training depending on the role and responsibilities of your individual employees. If you are unsure of the best course to choose contact our team free on 0808 1966 830 who will be happy to assist you.
- Certificated online food hygiene courses
- Hazards in food and drink manufacturing
- Importance of food safety and alcohol licensing
- Handling operations in food and drink industries
- Catering and food manufacture involves high risk
- HACCP food safety training
- Food hazards
- Food allergies and intolerance
- Food and beverage foundation