NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work?
The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work online course and qualification (HSW) provides the perfect introduction to individuals looking for a good understanding of workplace health and safety or who are looking to start a career in health and safety. The training provides the perfect introduction to health and safety in the workplace.
What's Included in the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work Course?
This online NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work course covers the principles of health and safety rather than specific law, focusing on common workplace hazards and how to identify and control them. This qualification is particularly relevant for team leaders, supervisors, facilities managers and anyone wishing to ensure they work safely.
The online NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work course consists of two Units which must be successfully completed within six months to achieve the qualification.
Unit HSW1: Workplace Safety Foundations
- The Foundations of Health and Safety
- The Responsibility for Health and Safety
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment and Control
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Work Equipment
- Transport Safety
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Working with Electricity
- Fire Safety
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Manual Handling and Repetitive Movement
- Hazards and Controls Associated with Hazardous Substances
- Hazards and Controls Associated with the Working Environment
Unit HSW2: Workplace Risk Assessment
Units HSW1 of the NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work is assessed by a one-hour multiple choice examination. Unit HSW2 is assessed by a one-hour work based risk assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
Benefits of the Training
- Valued by employers – both in the UK and internationally
- Provides confidence to handle workplace hazards effectively
- Provides an excellent foundation for further NEBOSH qualifications
RRC offer you more than any other provider
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner - Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years experience in delivering health and safety training
- Choice of learning methods
- Above average exam pass rates
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 NEBOSH approved expert tutors
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 25 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 2-6 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- RRC Guaranteed Support
Exams are held throughout the year.
Where can I sit my exam?
Exams can be sat at one of RRC's UK exam centres or in one of our network of 190+ exam centres throughout the world.
- UK Exam Centres - London, Glasgow, Manchester
- RRC International Centres - Dubai
- RRC International Exam Centre Network
How long does the Certificate take to complete?
For online study on average, learners complete this course in around 2-3 months.
How long is the exam?
The exam is one hour long.
What does the practical assessment involve?
You will need to carry out a short risk assessment within a workplace.
What does Gold Learning Partner mean?
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme.
NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience.
All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support
- Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
Learner Partner Status
Learning Partners can be identified as follows:
- Gold - greatly exceeds the principles
- Silver - exceeds the principles
- Bronze - meets the principles
What is the difference between online, live online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study.
Online & e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
What happens if I fail the exams?
If you do not pass your exams, you can book a re-sit with our exams team.
Can I do the exam online?
No exams cannot be completed Online. Exams need to be completed at one of our assessment centres which will be arranged by our exams team.
Is the exam open book?
No. You cannot take any learning materials into the exam with you.
Can I study the NEBOSH National General Certificate once I have completed this course?
There are no specific entry requirements for the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety so you do not have to study the HSW first; however having this Award will give you an excellent introduction to the subject.
Do I have to complete the full course if I have already studied the NEBOSH Award in Health, Safety and Environmental for the Process industries (HSEP)?
If you have completed the HSEP course, you are entitled to a two year exemption from Unit HSW1 of the Award in Health and Safety at Work.
Do I have to pay VAT if I am based outside the UK?
Only companies outside of the UK who can provide a valid VAT number will be exempt from VAT. All individuals irrespective of their location will have to pay VAT.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Since RRC's establishment in 1928, RRC International, better known to many as The Rapid Results College, has helped millions of individuals all over the world achieve professional, educational and vocational qualifications.
Today, RRC is the UK's leading international provider of health and safety and environmental management qualification training.
RRC has over 90 years of experience in delivering high quality professional training, with a clear focus on our customers’ needs and the quality of what we do.
International Reach - RRC has established training centres in the UK, Dubai, Georgia and Tunisia, along with a global network of partners expanding the reach of RRC’s training and consultancy services.
Helping Business Improve HSE Performance - The expertise in HSE developed over the last 45 years of our history also allows us to work with organisations, developing and delivering innovative bespoke training solutions that help improve our customers' HSE performance.
Envico is working in partnership with RRC International offering NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with NEBOSH, IOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.