Data Protection ACT 2018
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is the Data Protection ACT 2018?
This online Data Protection ACT 2018 course explains what the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) is and how to comply with it.
What's Included in the Data Protection ACT 2018 Course?
This data protection course provides awareness education. Face-to-face training, coaching or supervision would be needed in addition in order to complete the all-round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
- Key definitions, incl. ‘Data controllers’ and ‘Data processors’
- Personal data and special categories of personal data
- The seven data protection principles
- Lawful bases for processing personal data
- Individual rights
- Accountability and governance
- Transfer of data
- Processing for the purpose of law enforcement
- Personal data breaches
- Children’s personal data
ObjectivesBy the end of this course you will be able to:
- State what the Data Protection Act 2018 is and explain why it is so important
- Describe the different categories of data
- List the seven data protection principles
- Explain the standards for consent and lawful processing of data
- List the eight rights of individuals in relation to their personal data
- Describe the accountability principle for data controllers and processors
- Explain the requirements for transferring data
- Provide an overview of processing for the purpose of law enforcement
- Explain the breach notification requirements
- State the requirements for the safeguarding of children’s data
- List the exemptions to the processing of personal data
Any employee requiring a base level understanding of the subject
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Learning Nexus is a customer-focused team that use emerging technology to:
- Help your people reach their true potential
- Promote manager empowerment
- Unlock lasting organisational success
As a Totara Platinum Partner since 2016, we support clients across the public, private and non-profit sectors to drive business compliance and success through their Totara TXP service.
Our award-winning design team are passionate about creating captivating content to inspire, engage and motivate your people.