IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is IOSH Managing Safely Refresher?
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher training course is designed to provide continued support to managers dealing with health and safety issues in the workplace. Specifically, the course revisits key management responsibilities from the IOSH Managing Safely course and provides updates on relevant changes in good practice guidance, legislation and standards.
Why Refresh Your IOSH Managing Safely Certificate?
Research shows that, without revision, learners forget the majority of what they've learned over time. Refresher training helps learners to retain and reinforce their learning, ensuring they maintain best practice over time. The refresher course is designed for managers who have undertaken the IOSH Managing Safely course in the last three years. Based upon the Plan – Do – Check – Act management model, it goes over the key points of the IOSH Managing Safely course, keeping managers’ knowledge up to date.
Who is the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Course Suitable For?
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course is suitable for anyone who has previously gained the IOSH Managing Safely qualification, and wants to refresh their health and safety knowledge. This IOSH training course can be taken anytime after completing IOSH Managing Safely, ensuring the learner's IOSH accreditation remains up to date and valid.
What’s Included in the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher Course?
Online / E-learning
Study via our engaging e-learning platform and experience our interactive workbook.
Benefits to Learners
- Refresh your knowledge and understanding of responsibilities to manage health and safety in your workplace.
- Build on existing capabilities to continually develop a safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Applies refreshed knowledge to the Plan – Do – Check – Act model and links back to the workplace.
- Allows for personal reflections on good practice.
Benefits to the Organisation
- Internationally recognised training for your managers and supervisors, certified by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Reassurance that your employees have refreshed their health and safety knowledge.
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures.
- Greater productivity, due to fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents.
- Efficient and effective learning, with the key health and safety basics covered.
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher is broken down into six modules that cover the following:
Module one – Thinking Back
The first module will help you ‘think back’ to the core definitions and concepts you learned in the IOSH Managing Safely course.
Module two – Leadership
Reflect upon and identify the leadership skills you need to foster a safety culture, to improve performance and safeguard your company's reputation.
Module three – Plan
Understand what should be included in your safety and health policy and how you will deliver it to the relevant people.
Module four – Do
Understand what to do to implement your plan, taking into consideration your risk profile.
Module five – Check
Ensure you know what steps you can take to evaluate the effectiveness of your safety and health system implementation.
Module six – Act
This module will guide you through the process of acting on the lessons learned from your performance reviews.
In this optional section you will be prompted with questions to reflect upon and apply what you have learned.
About Studying IOSH Managing Safely Refresher via E-learning
- Learners will gain access to our e-learning IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course, which includes a range of interactive online learning resources.
- E-learning gives you the flexibility to progress through the modules in your own time.
- Our experienced trainers are available to help and support you through the IOSH course, via email, telephone and live chat.
- The course is compatible across all devices, allowing you to study anywhere and at any time.
- The entire course is studied online, so no need to download any other apps or programs, making it easy and convenient.
Our IOSH Managing Safely Refresher e-learning course is the perfect choice for those who need more flexibility and less time out of the office as you can study when you like, where you like and at the speed that suits you.
Our interactive e-learning platform is an engaging way to learn. It will guide you through the syllabus and you will have access to a variety of e-learning materials, including videos, case studies and exercises, with an optional voice over feature if required.
Our interactive digital workbook builds as you progress through the course, allowing you to capture key points and any notes you've made along the way. At the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive, customised revision guide to help you prepare for the end of course assessment.
6 - 8 Hours
On completion of the IOSH Managing Safely Refresher online course, successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Safely certificate.
- IOSH courses
- NEBOSH courses
- NVQ Health and Safety
An essential health and safety training guide
- Health and safety officer courses for responsible businesses
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
- Understanding health and safety regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Managing safely with the best employees on your team
- Managing safely for better business
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
The course experience is optimised if using Microsoft Edge, IOS 9 onwards, and Google Chrome.
Please note: the course assessment will not run on Firefox.
Our user-friendly e-learning platform gives you instant access to IOSH online training, which you can study at your own convenience, giving you the flexibility to study IOSH anywhere.
- E-larning is what we do best. We are an award-winning e-learning provider and have been recognised at the e-learning Age Awards, Learning Technologies Awards and the Learning Awards.
- Monitor learner progress via our analytics platform, which provides accurate, real-time reporting.
- Our courses are supported by a variety of interactive e-learning materials to keep you engaged and test your understanding throughout the course.
- Our unique interactive digital workbook builds as you progress through the course-perfect for revision and to download and keep.
- Significant cost savings with our e-learning options.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
We an award-winning learning provider founded in Cambridge, a global centre for education and technology.
Our combination of subject-matter expertise and technical innovation helps organisations to drive performance and individuals to realise their potential.
What we do:
- Foster learning: Working with respected authorities in the field of workplace management, to specify and help individuals build competence in workplace management skills and operations.
- Facilitate professional development: Measuring and certifying the performance of individuals and organisations against a specific set of competencies or performance targets.
We are ISO 27001 accredited, demonstrating our commitment to data protection and information security management.
Envico is working in partnership with International Workplace offering IOSH and NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with IOSH, NEBOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.