IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing?
The IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course is an excellent cost-effective course for supervisors and people managers, exploring the many benefits a well thought through and well planned health and wellbeing programme can bring to the workplace.
Sickness absence continues to place a financial strain on businesses and their workforce and, according to a recent IOSH report, is said to cost the UK economy more than £8 billion per year.
A company investing in their employees health and wellbeing can expect to see increased productivity and employee retention, and overall a happier and healthier workplace.
This content packed one day course gives supervisors and managers the tools they need to implement an effective health and wellbeing programme and measure their efforts in the workplace.
Who is the IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing Course Suitable For?
This online IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course is suitable for managers and supervisors working in any sector and for any organisation. It's designed to provide them with the tools and techniques to improve health and wellbeing in the organisation.
What’s Included in the IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing Course?
Online / E-learning
Study via our engaging e-learning platform and experience our interactive workbook.
The IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course is broken down into four modules that cover the following:
Module one – A Healthy Company
Understand how to manage the health and wellbeing of workers and have more effective discussions regarding their health needs.
Module two – Health Risk Management
Explore what health management is and why it makes good business sense to manage occupational health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Module three – Fitness for Work
Understand non-related physical and mental health conditions and how this impacts employees’ fitness for work.
Module four – Wellbeing
How wellbeing adds value to the organisation and how to promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental health to enable a healthy workplace culture.
By the end of the IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing course:
- Learners will have increased awareness of employee health and wellbeing, which will lead to fewer business hours lost to ill health and absenteeism and increased productivity.
- Your businesses commitment in the area of employee health and wellbeing will have a positive effect on employee motivation.
- Learners will leave with a greater understanding of employee health risks and how to manage them
- Be able to assess fitness for work.
- Be confident in measuring your health and wellbeing efforts and the effect of performance on business.
- Manage health risks effectively.
- Understand your own responsibilities for health and wellbeing and why it makes good business sense.
- Manage fluctuations in people's health status and assess their fitness for work.
- Measure your own performance as a manager.
- Learn how to help co-workers return to work after illness.
- Discover how to recognise a 'well' employee.
- Reflect on good practice, both personally and organisation-wide.
- Practical advice and tools for your managers to create a healthy, productive workplace.
- Improve health and wellbeing awareness across the organisation.
- Fewer hours lost due to ill health and reduced presenteeism, resulting in greater productivity.
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain, with customers and other stakeholders
About Studying IOSH Managing Safely via E-learning
- Learners have access to interactive e-learning materials including videos, case studies and exercises throughout the course.
- Learners get direct access to additional support from trainers, course administrators and our technical support team for the duration of the course via email, telephone and live chat.
- The course benefits from a responsive design that is compatible across all devices, giving learners the freedom to study at a convenient time and place.
- The whole course is studied online, so no need to download any other apps or programs.
Our IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing e-learning course is the perfect choice for those who need more flexibility and less time out of the office as you can study when you like, where you like and at a speed that suits you.
Our interactive e-learning platform is an engaging way to learn. It will guide you through the syllabus and you will have access to a variety of eLearning materials, including videos, case studies and exercises.
Our interactive digital workbook builds as you progress through the course, allowing you to capture key points and any notes you've made along the way. At the end of the course, you will have a comprehensive, customised revision guide to help you prepare for the end of course assessment.
Our IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing e-learning course has a recommended study time of six hours.
Once learners have studied all the modules, they will then be assessed in two ways:
- A multiple choice assessment.
- A health risk assessment project.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will be issued with an IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing certificate.
The IOSH Working Safely course can be studied prior, however it is not an essential requirement.
- IOSH courses
- NEBOSH courses
- NVQ Health and Safety
An essential health and safety training guide
- Health and safety officer courses for responsible businesses
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
- Understanding health and safety regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Managing safely with the best employees on your team
- Managing safely for better business
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
The course experience is optimised if using Microsoft Edge, IOS 9 onwards, and Google Chrome.
Please note: the course assessment will not run on Firefox.
Our user-friendly e-learning platform gives you instant access to IOSH online training, which you can study at your own convenience, giving you the flexibility to study IOSH anywhere.
- E-larning is what we do best. We are an award-winning e-learning provider and have been recognised at the e-learning Age Awards, Learning Technologies Awards and the Learning Awards.
- Monitor learner progress via our analytics platform, which provides accurate, real-time reporting.
- Our courses are supported by a variety of interactive e-learning materials to keep you engaged and test your understanding throughout the course.
- Our unique interactive digital workbook builds as you progress through the course-perfect for revision and to download and keep.
- Significant cost savings with our e-learning options.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
We an award-winning learning provider founded in Cambridge, a global centre for education and technology.
Our combination of subject-matter expertise and technical innovation helps organisations to drive performance and individuals to realise their potential.
What we do:
- Foster learning: Working with respected authorities in the field of workplace management, to specify and help individuals build competence in workplace management skills and operations.
- Facilitate professional development: Measuring and certifying the performance of individuals and organisations against a specific set of competencies or performance targets.
We are ISO 27001 accredited, demonstrating our commitment to data protection and information security management.
Envico is working in partnership with International Workplace offering IOSH and NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with IOSH, NEBOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.