NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate?
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate provides a comprehensive introduction to environmental management systems, international standards and current best practice for control of environmental hazards. The course provides a solid introduction to Environmental Management.
Who is the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate Suitable For?
The NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management online course is suitable for managers, supervisors and those with Environmental Management responsibilities within their roles.
Benefits of the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- Boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Certificates are valued by employers globally
- Eligible for Technician Membership of CIWEM (TechCIWEM)
RRC offer you more than any other NEBOSH Environmental Certificate provider
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner - Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years in delivering NEBOSH courses
- Choice of learning methods
- Above NEBOSH average exam pass rates
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 expert tutors
What's Included in the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate?
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate is based on UK, EU and International Standards. It consists of two Units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate qualification: Unit EC1: Management and Control of Environmental Hazards
- Foundations in Environmental Management
- Environmental Management Systems
- Environmental Impact Assessments
- Control of Emissions to Air
- Control of Contamination of Water Sources
- Control of Waste and Land Use
- Sources and Use of Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Control of Environmental Noise
- Planning for and Dealing with Environmental Emergencies\
Unit EC2: Environmental Practical Application Assessment
- Unit EC1 NEBOSH Environmental Certificate is assessed by a two-hour written examination.
- Unit EC2 is assessed by a two-hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
Exams are arranged by RRC in March, June, September and December each year.
E-learning Key Facts
Available 24/7 Worldwide
Around 70 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 3-9 months)
Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the study text to download for offline study
- 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- RRC Guaranteed Support
Where can I sit my exam?
Exams can be sat at one of RRC's UK exam centres or in one of our network of 190+ exam centres throughout the world.
UK Exam Centres - London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle
RRC International Centres - Dubai, Georgia, Tunisia
RRC International Exam Centre Network
Can I study this course if I have no other Environmental Management qualifications?
Yes, there are no specific entry requirements for this course.
What does Gold Learning Partner mean?
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme. NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience. All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support
- Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
Learner Partner Status Learning Partners can be identified as follows:
- Gold – greatly exceeds the principles
- Silver – exceeds the principles
- Bronze – meets the principles
How long does the Certificate take to complete?
For Online study on average, learners complete this course in around 3-6 months.
How long is the exam?
The exam is two hours long.
What does the practical assessment involve?
You will need to carry out an unaided environmental review of a workplace. Using this information, you will then need to write a report with recommendations for improvement.
What is the difference between online, live online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study. Online & e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
What educational level is the NEBOSH Environmental Certificate?
The NEBOSH Environmental Certificate is the equivalent of a level 3 qualifications (EQF), which is equivalent to A-levels in the UK.
Can the exams be completed online? No exams cannot be completed Online. Exams need to be completed at one of our assessment centres which will be arranged by our exams team.
Is the exam open book?
No. You cannot take any learning materials into the exam with you. What happens if I fail the exams? If you do not pass your NEBOSH Environmental Certificate exam on your first attempt, you are able to book a re-sit with our Exams team.
Do I have to pay VAT if I am based outside the UK?
Only companies outside of the UK who can provide a valid VAT number will be exempt from VAT. All individuals irrespective of their location will have to pay VAT.
Would I be able to get past exam papers?
You are able to access a past paper and examiners feedback on expected answers from the NEBOSH website. Course providers are not allowed to sell/give past papers to students.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Since RRC's establishment in 1928, RRC International, better known to many as The Rapid Results College, has helped millions of individuals all over the world achieve professional, educational and vocational qualifications.
Today, RRC is the UK's leading international provider of health and safety and environmental management qualification training.
RRC has over 90 years of experience in delivering high quality professional training, with a clear focus on our customers’ needs and the quality of what we do.
International Reach - RRC has established training centres in the UK, Dubai, Georgia and Tunisia, along with a global network of partners expanding the reach of RRC’s training and consultancy services.
Helping Business Improve HSE Performance - The expertise in HSE developed over the last 45 years of our history also allows us to work with organisations, developing and delivering innovative bespoke training solutions that help improve our customers' HSE performance.
Envico is working in partnership with RRC International offering NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with NEBOSH, IOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.