NEBOSH General Certificate
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety?
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is the UK’s most popular health and safety qualification. It is highly respected by employers in all sectors and is a vital first step for those wanting a long and successful career in HSE.
The NEBOSH General Certificate provides a broad understanding of health and safety issues and is an essential qualification for anyone with health and safety responsibilities as part of their role or working in health and safety.
Available in Multiple Languages
This NEBOSH General Certificate online course is available in the following languages:
- Arabic (coming soon)
Please choose which language you prefer to take the course.
What's Included in the NEBOSH General Certificate Online Course?
E-learning / online
- Boost your career prospects NEBOSH Certificates are highly valued by employers globally
- Meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (TechIOSH)
- Entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
RRC offer you more than any other NEBOSH General Certificate provider:
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner – Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- Over 85% of RRC students have successfully completed their NEBOSH National General Certificate
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years experience in delivering health & safety training
- Choice of learning methods
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 expert tutors
The NEBOSH General Certificate online course is based on UK law. It is made up of two units that must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety qualification:
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit NG2: Risk Assessment
- Physical and psychological health
- Musculoskeletal health
- Chemical and biological agents
- General workplace issues
- Work equipment
- Unit NG1 is assessed by a scenario based assessment completed at home. You have 24 hours to complete this.
- Unit NG2 is assessed by a three hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace)
Exams are held every 2 months throughout the year.
NEBOSH Exam Fees
NEBOSH exam fees are included in the course fee.
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 115 hours of study (can be completed in 3-9 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
NEBOSH Certificate Online Learning
- Flexible, self paced study
- Exams completed at your home and workplace
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the study text to download for offline study
- RRC Guaranteed Support
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH Certificate in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH International Diploma in Environmental Management
How does the new NG1 assessment work?
NEBOSH NG1 exam format changed on 1 July 2020.
The NG1 exam is undertaken at home in what is called an “Open Book” exam. Exam papers will be sent at a notified time and you will then have 24 hours to complete and return them. The exam should only take a few hours to complete and the 24 hours is to meet the needs of all learners in different time zones around the world.
The exam itself comprises scenario based questions, where you will be given a set scenario(s) and asked questions which test the knowledge you would have gained studying the course. You will be able to access books, but must document all the sources you reference. This is extremely important as NEBOSH will be using software to check that answers are not just copied from textbooks.
After the exam you will be interviewed by a Tutor who will be checking that you have an understanding of the responses you gave in the exam along with checking your ID.
You must fully revise the course before taking the exam and we suggest making detailed notes to refer to as you are undertaking the assessment.
Where can I sit my NEBOSH General Certificate online course exam?
The NG1 exam is completed at home. The NG2 practical assessment is undertaken at your workplace. There is no need to attend an assessment centre.
How does the assessment work?
There are two assessments, one per Unit and both must be passed within 5 years.
- Unit NG1 is assessed by an open book, scenario based assessment which is completed at home and should take around 2 hours to complete
- Unit NG2 is assessed by a practical assessment, this will be marked by NEBOSH and if you are unsuccessful you will be allowed to improve your work and resubmit at the next exam date
- Unit NG1: 45 marks
- Unit NG2: Pass (Only Pass or Fail available for this assessment)
The qualification grade is based on the result from Unit IG1
- Distinction: 75 marks or higher
- Credit: 65-74 marks
- Pass: 45-64 marks
You can however choose to resit NG1 even if you have passed to improve your grade.
Can I study NG2 before I complete NG1?
NG1 should be studied before the NG2 practical assessment is undertaken.
Whilst the NG2 assessment primarily assesses elements 5 – 11, the knowledge from elements 1.1, 1.2 and 3.4 is required to complete the assessment.
How long does the online NEBOSH Certificate take to complete?
This will depend on how you choose to study. The Classroom and Live Online courses are taught over is 2 weeks (10 days) plus assessments. For Online study on average, learners complete this course in around 3-6 months.
What does Gold Learning Partner mean?
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme.
NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience.
All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support
- Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
Learner Partner Status
Learning Partners can be identified as follows:
- Gold – greatly exceeds the principles
- Silver – exceeds the principles
- Bronze – meets the principles
What is the difference between NEBOSH Certificate online, live online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study.
Online & e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
What is the difference between the National and International General Certificate?
The National Certificate is based on UK legislation and is recognised worldwide. The International Certificate is based on International Standards of Best Practice and is recognised by employers outside of the UK.
Is the NEBOSH Certificate I receive the same if I study Online as when I study in the classroom?
Yes, the Certificate is the exact same. You cannot tell the method of study from the Certificate.
What can I study once I have completed the Certificate?
If you are looking to study a higher level H&S qualification, the NEBOSH Diploma will be the most suitable course to study.
Alternatively, you can broaden your knowledge by studying one or more of the more specialist NEBOSH Certificate courses.
Do I have to study the 'NEBOSH Award in Health & Safety at Work' (HSW) course first?
No. The Certificate can be studied by students with no prior health and safety experience.
What educational level is the NEBOSH General Certificate online course?
The General Certificate is a level 3 qualification (EQF) which is the equivalent to A-levels in the UK.
What happens if I fail the assessment(s)?
If you do not pass either (or both) of your assessments, you can book a resit with our exams team. For NG2 (the practical assessment) you will receive feedback from the NEBOSH examiner which will help to improve your work. You can then resubmit at the next exam date.
Can the exams be completed online?
Exams are undertaken at home and in the workplace and are submitted online.
Can I buy past exam papers?
As NEBOSH changed the method of assessment as of 1 July 2020, previous exam papers will not be useful in your studies.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Since RRC's establishment in 1928, RRC International, better known to many as The Rapid Results College, has helped millions of individuals all over the world achieve professional, educational and vocational qualifications.
Today, RRC is the UK's leading international provider of health and safety and environmental management qualification training.
RRC has over 90 years of experience in delivering high quality professional training, with a clear focus on our customers’ needs and the quality of what we do.
International Reach - RRC has established training centres in the UK, Dubai, Georgia and Tunisia, along with a global network of partners expanding the reach of RRC’s training and consultancy services.
Helping Business Improve HSE Performance - The expertise in HSE developed over the last 45 years of our history also allows us to work with organisations, developing and delivering innovative bespoke training solutions that help improve our customers' HSE performance.
Envico is working in partnership with RRC International offering NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with NEBOSH, IOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.