NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma?
The NEBOSH Environmental Diploma qualification is respected by employers and is ideal for those wanting a high level career in Environmental Management, and for safety professionals looking to expand their knowledge and competence.
The NEBOSH Environmental Diploma course teaches how to develop and implement effective environmental management systems. It focuses on the main elements of UK and EC legislation for environmental protection and general principles of the management of environmental and pollution control.
What's included in the NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management Course?
RRC offer you more than any other NEBOSH provider
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner - Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- Pass rates consistently higher than the NEBOSH average
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years experience in delivering NEBOSH courses
- Choice of learning methods
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 expert tutors
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the RRC study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- RRC Guaranteed Support
This online NEBOSH Environmental Diploma course is based on UK legislation and is made up of two units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the qualification:
Unit ED1: Controlling Environmental Aspects
- Key environmental cycles and the effects of human activity on the environment
- Environmental leadership
- Environmental management systems and emergency planning
- Environmental risk evaluation and control
- Environmental performance evaluation
- Waste management
- Managing emissions to the atmosphere
- Managing emissions to the water environment
- Control of environmental noise
- Hazardous substances and contaminated land
- Energy use
Unit NDEM2: Environmental Regulation
- Enforcement of environmental legislation
- Civil liability
- Pollution prevention and control legislation
Benefits of the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma
- Use the letters 'EnvDipNEBOSH' after your name
- Entitled to Specialist membership of the IIRSM (SIIRSM)
- Meets the academic requirements for non-chartered membership of the CIWEM (MCIWEM)
Unit ED1 of the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma is assessed by a three hour written exam. Unit ED1 Exams are held in January and July each year. Unit NDEM2 is assessed by a work-based project and can be submitted in February, May, August or November each year.
- Available 24/7 worldwide
- Around 235 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 6-12 Months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
Where can I sit my NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management exam?
Exams can be sat at one of RRC's UK exam centres or in one of our network of 190+ exam centres throughout the world. UK Exam Centres - London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle RRC International Centres - Dubai, Georgia, Tunisia RRC International Exam Centre Network
How long does the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma take to complete?
The online course takes around 190 hours of study time (on average 6-12 months).
What are the entry requirements for the NEBOSH Diploma?
There are no specific barriers, in terms of academic qualifications, skills or experience for entry to the NEBOSH National Diploma in Environmental Management programme. Both parts of the assessments must be answered in English. The assignment part of the assessment requires research into environmental issues in the candidate’s workplace and the completion of a report to top management. Feel free to call Envico on 0808 1966830 for details on the knowledge required prior to starting the Environmental Diploma.
What does Gold Learning Partner mean?
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme. NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience. All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
Learner Partner Status
Learning Partners can be identified as follows:
- Gold – greatly exceeds the principles
- Silver – exceeds the principles
- Bronze – meets the principles
- How long are the exams?
- There is one three-hour exam to complete and a work-based assignment.
What is the difference between live online, online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study. Online and e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
What is the difference between the National and International Environmental Diploma?
The National Diploma is based on UK legislation and is recognised worldwide. The International Diploma is based on International Standards and Best Practice and is recognised by employers outside of the UK.
Will the Certificate I receive be different if I study online?
No. All Certificates are the same irrespective of the study method.
What educational level is the NEBOSH Environmental Diploma? It is the equivalent of a level 6 qualifications (EQF), which is equivalent to a University honours degree.
What happens if I fail?
If you do not pass your exams on your first attempt, you are able to book a re-sit with our exams team.
Do we have a graduation ceremony?
Yes, all candidates who successfully complete the NEBOSH National Diploma are invited to attend a Graduation Ceremony.
Can I do the exams online?
All exams must be completed at an approved centre, arranged with our exams team before the exam date.
Is the exam open book?
No. You cannot take any learning materials into the exam with you.
Would I be able to get past exam papers?
You are able to access a past paper and examiners feedback on expected answers from the NEBOSH website. Course providers are not allowed to sell/give past papers to students.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Since RRC's establishment in 1928, RRC International, better known to many as The Rapid Results College, has helped millions of individuals all over the world achieve professional, educational and vocational qualifications.
Today, RRC is the UK's leading international provider of health and safety and environmental management qualification training.
RRC has over 90 years of experience in delivering high quality professional training, with a clear focus on our customers’ needs and the quality of what we do.
International Reach - RRC has established training centres in the UK, Dubai, Georgia and Tunisia, along with a global network of partners expanding the reach of RRC’s training and consultancy services.
Helping Business Improve HSE Performance - The expertise in HSE developed over the last 45 years of our history also allows us to work with organisations, developing and delivering innovative bespoke training solutions that help improve our customers' HSE performance.
Envico is working in partnership with RRC International offering NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with NEBOSH, IOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.