NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety?
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (IDip) is the must have qualification for those whose ambition is to be a “Safety Professional” and have a high level career in HSE management.
- Valued by employers: NEBOSH Diploma holders get higher salaries (NEBOSH research)
- Boost your career prospects: NEBOSH Diploma holders are in demand throughout the world
- Use the letters ‘IDipNEBOSH‘ after your name
- Entitled to graduate membership of IOSH (GradIOSH) & full membership of the IIRSM (MIIRSM)
- Entry requirement for many safety related UK Masters programmes
What's Included in the NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Course?
The NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety training is based on international standards and best practice and builds on the knowledge gained at NEBOSH Certificate level. It is made up of four units which must be completed within five years:
Unit IA: International Management of Health and Safety – 154 Hours
- IA1 – Principles of Health and Safety Management
- IA2 – Regulating Health and Safety
- IA3 – Loss Causation and Incident Investigation
- IA4 – Measuring and Reviewing Health and Safety Performance
- IA5 – The Assessment and Evaluation of Risk
- IA6 – Risk Control
- IA7 – Organisational Factors
- IA8 – Human Factors
- IA9 – The Role of the Health and Safety Practitioner
Unit IB: International Control of Hazardous Agents in the Workplace – 115 Hours
- IB1 – Managing Occupational Health
- IB2 – Identification, Assessment and Evaluation of Hazardous Substances
- IB3 – The Control of Hazardous Substances
- IB4 – The Monitoring and Measuring of Hazardous Substances
- IB5 – Biological Agents
- IB6 – Noise and Vibration
- IB7 – Radiation
- IB8 – Mental Ill-Health and Dealing with Violence and Aggression at Work
- IB9 – Musculoskeletal Risks and Controls
- IB10 – Work Environment Risks and Controls
Unit IC: International Workplace and Work Equipment Safety – 120 Hours
- IC1 – Workplace Welfare Requirements and Specific Workplace Issues
- IC2 – Fire and Explosion
- IC3 – Workplace Fire Risk Assessment
- IC4 – The Storage, Handling and Processing of Dangerous Substances
- IC5 – Work Equipment
- IC6 – Workplace Machinery
- IC7 – Mobile, Lifting, Access and Work at Height Equipment
- IC8 – Electrical Safety
- IC9 – Construction and Works of a Temporary Nature – Hazards and Controls
- IC10 – Workplace Transport and Managing Work-Related Road Risk
Unit DNI: Application of Health and Safety Theory and Practice
- An 8,000 word work-based project
Units IA, IB and IC of the NEBOSH International Diploma are each assessed by three-hour written examinations. Unit DNI is assessed by an 8,000 word work based project.Exams are held in January and July each year. Unit DNI can be submitted in February, May, August or November each year.
- Available 24/7 worldwide
- Around 450 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 12-30 Months)
- Unit IA – 155 hours
- Unit IB – 115 hours
- Unit IC – 120 hours
- Unit DNI – 60 hours
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- RRC Guaranteed Support
RRC offer you more than any other NEBOSH International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety e-learning course provider:
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner – Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- Over 90% of RRC students have successfully completed their NEBOSH Diploma
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years experience in delivering health and safety training
- Choice of learning methods
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 expert tutors
Where can I sit my exam?
Exams can be sat at one of RRC’s UK exam centres or in one of our network of 190+ exam centres throughout the world.
UK Exam Centres – London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle
RRC International Centres – Dubai, Georgia, Tunisia
RRC International Exam Centre Network.
How long does the NEBOSH National Diploma take?
Online students spend between 18 and 30 months completing the diploma with an average of around 24 months. RRC allow up to 24 months to complete each unit, with NEBOSH allowing a total of 5 years to successfully complete all the NEBOSH National Diploma units.
What are the entry requirements for the NEBOSH Diploma?
The NEBOSH National Diploma builds on knowledge that is gained from studying a NEBOSH General Certificate, or similar course, and it is highly recommended that such a qualification is gained before starting the NEBOSH Diploma course. But you may also have that knowledge from your previous experience. Feel free to call Envico on 0808 1966830 for details on the knowledge required prior to starting the NEBOSH Diploma.
What does Gold Learning Partner mean?
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme. NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience. All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support
- Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
Learner Partner Status
Learning Partners can be identified as follows:
- Gold – greatly exceeds the principles
- Silver – exceeds the principles
- Bronze – meets the principles
How long are the exams?
Each exam (A, B, C) is three hours. In addition to this you will receive 10 minutes reading time at the start of the exam. Unit DNI consists of an 8,000 word assignment takes around 50 hours to complete.
What does Unit DNI include?
Unit DNI consists of an 8,000 word assignment. This is carried out at your workplace and you will be assigned a tutor to submit elements to along the way.
Do I have to start with Unit IA of the NEBOSH Diploma?
No. You can start with any of the three examinable units (IA, IB or IC). NEBOSH advice is that you start with the unit that you have the most interest or experience in.
Can I get Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH) by completing the NEBOSH National Diploma?
The NEBOSH National Diploma meets the academic requirements for Graduate Membership (GradIOSH) of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the first step to becoming a Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH). You will then need to develop a Skills Development Portfolio and then attend a Peer Review Interview.
What is the difference between live online, online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study. Online and e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
What is the difference between the National and International Diploma?
The National Diploma is based on UK legislation and is recognised worldwide. The International Diploma is based on International Standards and Best Practice and is recognised by employers outside of the UK.
What educational level is the NEBOSH National Diploma?
The NEBOSH International Diploma is the equivalent of a level 6 qualifications (EQF), which is equivalent to a University honours degree.
What happens if I fail?
If you do not pass your NEBOSH National Diploma exams on your first attempt, you are able to book a re-sit with our Exams team.
Do we have a graduation Ceremony?
Yes, all candidates who successfully complete the NEBOSH National Diploma are invited to attend a Graduation Ceremony. This is usually held in June at the University of Warwick.
Can I do the exams online?
Exams cannot be completed online, exams must be completed at an approved centre, which will be arranged by our exams team.
Is the exam open book?
No. You cannot take any learning materials into the exam with you.
Do I have to pay VAT if I am based outside the UK?
Only companies outside of the UK who can provide a valid VAT number will be exempt from VAT. All individuals irrespective of their location will have to pay VAT.
Would I be able to get past exam papers?
You are able to access a past paper and examiners feedback on expected answers from the NEBOSH website. Course providers are not allowed to sell/give past papers to students.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Since RRC's establishment in 1928, RRC International, better known to many as The Rapid Results College, has helped millions of individuals all over the world achieve professional, educational and vocational qualifications.
Today, RRC is the UK's leading international provider of health and safety and environmental management qualification training.
RRC has over 90 years of experience in delivering high quality professional training, with a clear focus on our customers’ needs and the quality of what we do.
International Reach - RRC has established training centres in the UK, Dubai, Georgia and Tunisia, along with a global network of partners expanding the reach of RRC’s training and consultancy services.
Helping Business Improve HSE Performance - The expertise in HSE developed over the last 45 years of our history also allows us to work with organisations, developing and delivering innovative bespoke training solutions that help improve our customers' HSE performance.
Envico is working in partnership with RRC International offering NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with NEBOSH, IOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.