NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations
- Fixed Price ✓
- Industry Leading Assessors ✓
- CSCS Blue Card in 4 weeks ✓
This ProQual Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations qualification provides a nationally recognised qualification for those working in piling operations in the construction industry.
Candidates can follow one of 3 Pathways relating to their work roles:
Pathway 1: Painter Pathway 2: Industrial Painter Pathway 3: Heritage Painter
The awarding body for this NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual); It is also endorsed by the sector body for construction - CITB. The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is published on Ofqual’s Register of Qualifications.
- The NVQ is for those who are looking to advance in the construction industry
- The NVQ will allow you to gain the relevant qualification and a CSCS Blue ‘Skilled Worker’ card
Mandatory Units for all Pathways
- Conforming to general health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, handling and storing resources in the workplace
- Erecting and dismantling access/working platforms in the workplace
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating in the workplace
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller in the workplace
- Industrial Painter
- Heritage Painter
- Operating equipment in support of the paint sprayer in the workplace
- Operating equipment in support of the abrasive blast cleaner in the workplace
- Applying coatings by the airless spray method in the workplace
- Preparing surfaces by abrasive blast cleaning in the workplace
- Hanging standard paper wall-coverings in the workplace
- Hanging wide-width vinyls in the workplace
- Applying coatings by the air spray method in the workplace
- Producing and applying complex stencil designs in the workplace
- Installing coving and decorative mouldings in the workplace
- Applying coatings to produce textured finishes in the workplace
- Producing broken colour work in the workplace
- Producing stencil designs using pre-cut stencil plates in the workplace
AssessmentThis qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification. The qualifications must be assessed in a work environment and in accordance with the ConstructionSkills’ Consolidated Assessment Strategy for Construction and the Built Environment, and it must be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified assessor. Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit. Evidence can include:
- observation report by assessor
- professional discussion
- witness testimony
- candidate product
- record of oral and written questioning
- Recognition of Prior Learning
NVQ Qualification & CertificationCandidates who achieve the requirements for this qualification will be awarded:
- A certificate listing all units achieved, and
- A certificate giving the full qualification title "ProQual Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations"
Entry RequirementsThere are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.