NEBOSH International Construction Certificate
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate?
The NEBOSH International Construction Certificate course online (ICC) provides a broad understanding of construction related health and safety issues and is an essential qualification for anyone with health and safety responsibilities in the construction industry.
Who is the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate Course Suitable For?
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety training is essential for all with safety responsibilities in the construction industry NEBOSH International Construction Certificate courses are based on international standards and best practice and are essential qualifications for anyone working in or wanting to work in health and safety within the construction industry.
What's Included in the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate Course?
This online NEBOSH International Construction Certificate course covers a broad range of hazards specific to the construction industry, and how to control them, allowing you to complete your day-to-day work more effectively and with confidence.
Benefits of the Training
- Boost your career prospects; NEBOSH International Construction Certificate is valued by employers globally
- Entitled to Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH) and meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH)
- Entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner - Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years experience in delivering health & safety training
- Choice of learning methods
- Above NEBOSH average exam pass rates
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 expert tutors
The NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (International) focuses on best practice. On completion of the qualification you will be able to:
- manage construction risks and hazards
- produce or contribute to a construction phase plan
- help your organisation to manage contractors
- positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour
- carry out a risk assessment of a construction site and manage a range of construction hazards
- recognise workplace changes and their impacts, and understand how to minimise these impacts
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system
- take part in incident investigations
The qualification is made up of one unit which must be successfully completed within 5 years to achieve the NEBOSH Health and Safety Management for Construction (International) qualification:
Unit CI1: Managing Construction Safely
- The foundations of construction health and safety management
- Improving health and safety culture and assessing risk
- Managing change and procedures
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Working at height
- Musculoskeletal health and load handling
- Work equipment
- Chemical and biological agents
- Physical and psychological health
Unit CI1 is assessed by a scenario based Open Book Exam completed at home. It will take around 8 hours and you have 48 hours to complete the assessment and return it to NEBOSH.
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 160 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 6-12 months)
- Top Up (for IGC or IFC holders): Around 100 hours of study (can be completed in 3-6 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- RRC Guaranteed Support
How do the exams work?
- Unit IG1 is assessed by a scenario based assessment completed at home. You have 24 hours to complete this.
- Unit ICC1 is assessed by a two-hour written examination.
- Unit ICC2 is assessed by a two-hour practical assessment carried out at a Construction Site
Where can I sit my ICC1 exam?
Exams can be sat at one of RRC's UK exam centres or in one of our network of 190+ exam centres throughout the world.
- UK Exam Centres - London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle
- RRC International Centres - Dubai, Georgia, Tunisia
- RRC International Exam Centre Network
How can I Top Up My NEBOSH General Certificate?
To achieve the NEBOSH International Construction Certificate you must complete all 3 units (IG1, ICC1 & ICC2) within 5 years. If you have been awarded the NEBOSH International General Certificate or NEBOSH International Fire Certificate in the last 5 years you will be exempt from Unit IG1 and can simply 'top up' by completing Unit ICC1 and the practical assessment (Unit ICC2).
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme. NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience.
All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support
- Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
- Gold – greatly exceeds the principles
- Silver – exceeds the principles
- Bronze – meets the principles
How long does the certificate take to complete?
For Online study on average, learners complete this course in around 6-9 months.
What is the difference between online, live online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study. Online & e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
What is the difference between the National and International Construction Certificate?
The National Certificate is based on UK legislation and is recognised worldwide. The International Certificate is based on International Standards of Best Practice and is recognised by employers outside of the UK.
What educational level is the NEBOSH Construction Certificate?
The Construction Certificate is a level 3 qualification (EQF) which is the equivalent to A-levels in the UK.
Is the Certificate I receive the same if I study Online as when I study in the classroom?
Yes, the Certificate is the exact same. You cannot tell the method of study from the Certificate.
What happens if I fail the exams?
If you do not pass your exams, you can book a re-sit with our exams team.
Can I buy past exam papers?
Pass papers are not available for any NEBOSH courses; however you can access an example question paper with examiners feedback on expected answers on the NEBOSH website.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Since RRC's establishment in 1928, RRC International, better known to many as The Rapid Results College, has helped millions of individuals all over the world achieve professional, educational and vocational qualifications.
Today, RRC is the UK's leading international provider of health and safety and environmental management qualification training.
RRC has over 90 years of experience in delivering high quality professional training, with a clear focus on our customers’ needs and the quality of what we do.
International Reach - RRC has established training centres in the UK, Dubai, Georgia and Tunisia, along with a global network of partners expanding the reach of RRC’s training and consultancy services.
Helping Business Improve HSE Performance - The expertise in HSE developed over the last 45 years of our history also allows us to work with organisations, developing and delivering innovative bespoke training solutions that help improve our customers' HSE performance.
Envico is working in partnership with RRC International offering NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with NEBOSH, IOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.