NEBOSH Fire Certificate
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
What is NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management?
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management provides the knowledge and understanding, to carry out an effective fire risk assessment. It is an essential qualification for those with fire safety responsibilities at work.
What's Included in the NEBOSH Fire Certificate?
E-learning / online
- Boost your career prospects; NEBOSH Fire Certificates are valued by employers globally
- Entitled to Associate Membership of IOSH (AIOSH) and meets the academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH)
- Entitled to Associate Membership of the IIRSM (AIIRSM)
- Entitled to Technician Membership of the Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (TIFPO)
RRC offer you more than any other NEBOSH provider:
- RRC is a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner – Guaranteeing you the best NEBOSH learning experience
- Over 80% of RRC students have successfully completed their NEBOSH Fire Certificate
- 90+ years experience in training & education
- 45 years in delivering health & safety training
- Choice of learning methods
- Above NEBOSH average exam pass rates
- Teaching and support from a team of 50 expert tutors
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management online course is based on UK law. It is made up of three units which must be successfully completed within five years to achieve the NEBOSH National Fire Certificate qualification
Unit NG1: Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in Health and Safety
Unit FC1: Fire Safety and Risk Management
- Managing Fire Safety
- Principles of Fire and Explosion
- Causes and Prevention of Fires and Explosions
- Fire Protection in Buildings
- Safety of People in the Event of Fire
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment
Unit FC2: Fire Safety Practical Application
- Unit NG1 is assessed by a scenario based assessment completed at home. You have 24 hours to complete this
- Unit FC1 is assessed by a two-hour written examination.
- Unit FC2 is assessed by a two-hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
Exams For NG1 are held every 2 months, for FC1 & FC2 exams are arranged by RRC in March, June, September and December each year.
- Available 24/7 Worldwide
- Around 120 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 3-9 months)
- Top Up (for NGC or NCC holders): Around 60 hours of study + exams (can be completed in 2-6 months)
- Ideal for those whose lifestyle needs a really flexible high quality learning method
- Flexible, self paced study
- Mobile-friendly, innovative, interactive online study including videos, animations, quizzes, tests and reviews of your progress
- Unlimited tutor support by a team of expert tutors
- Full PDF copy of the study text to download for offline study
- Over 190 exam centres available throughout the world
- RRC Guaranteed Support
How do the exams work?
Unit NG1 is assessed by a scenario based assessment completed at home. You have 24 hours to complete this. Unit FC1 is assessed by a two-hour written examination. Unit FC2 is assessed by a two-hour practical assessment carried out in your workplace (or another suitable workplace).
Where can I sit my FC1 exam?
Exams can be sat at one of RRC’s UK exam centres or in one of our network of 190+ exam centres throughout the world.
- UK Exam Centres – London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Manchester, Newcastle
- RRC International Centres – Dubai, Georgia, Tunisia
- RRC International Exam Centre Network
How can I Top Up My NEBOSH General Certificate?
To achieve the NEBOSH National Fire Certificate you must complete all 3 units (NGC1, FC1 & FC2) within 5 years. If you have been awarded the NEBOSH General Certificate orNEBOSH Construction Certificate in the last 5 years you will be exempt from Unit NGC1 and can simply ‘top up’ by completing Unit FC1 and the practical assessment (Unit FC2).What does Gold Learning Partner mean?
RRC have been evaluated as a NEBOSH Gold Learning Partner, the highest level in the NEBOSH Learning Partner programme.
NEBOSH introduced a Learning Partner Programme in September 2019 which recognises those Learning Partners that provide learners with the best possible learning experience.
All NEBOSH Learning Partners have been classified based on their performance against the programme’s principles which represent global best practice in the provision of course tuition and support. The key principles are:
- Ensure all learners understand what is expected of them and what they can expect from their Learning Provider
- Create a learning environment that is engaging and encourages interaction that is appropriate for the course and type of delivery
- Provide accurate course materials and continually update and improve them
- Ensure tutors are qualified, knowledgeable, competent and engaging
- Give learners feedback on their progress and provide appropriate support
- Review course delivery and learner feedback and action as necessary
Learner Partner Status
Learning Partners can be identified as follows:
- Gold – greatly exceeds the principles
- Silver – exceeds the principles
- Bronze – meets the principles
How long does the Certificate take to complete?
This will depend on how you choose to study. The Classroom and Live Online courses are taught over 2 weeks (9 days) plus exams. For Online study on average, learners complete this course in around 3-6 months.
What is the difference between online, live online, e-learning and distance learning?
Live Online is delivered in real time through zoom and is very similar to a classroom course. The tutor will deliver the course with breaks to allow time for group work, exercises and private study.
Online & e-learning are just different words for the same thing and mean a flexible self study course delivery with tutor support you can access via email. Distance Learning, means learning at a distance but is commonly used to describe the more traditional paper based study.
What is the difference between the National and International Fire Certificate?
The National Certificate is based on UK legislation and is recognised worldwide. The International Certificate is based on International Standards of Best Practice and is recognised by employers outside of the UK.
What educational level is the NEBOSH National Fire Safety Certificate?
The Fire Certificate is a level 3 qualification which is the equivalent to A-levels in the UK.
Is the Certificate I receive the same if I study Online as when I study in the classroom?
Yes, the Certificate is the exact same. You cannot tell the method of study from the Certificate.
What happens if I fail the exams?
If you do not pass your exams, you can book a re-sit with our exams team.
Can I buy past exam papers?
Past papers are not available for any NEBOSH courses; however you can access an example question paper with examiners feedback on expected answers on the NEBOSH website.
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is flexible, efficient, and cost-effective, meaning you can progress through the modules at your own pace, at your own time to fit the training in around your work and personal life.
Short online courses also help employers to demonstrate that they have fulfilled their legal duties to ensure their personnel have been adequately trained.
Once the courses have been completed, a confirmation of results can be saved or printed as evidence. This can then be kept on record as evidence of suitable training.
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Since RRC's establishment in 1928, RRC International, better known to many as The Rapid Results College, has helped millions of individuals all over the world achieve professional, educational and vocational qualifications.
Today, RRC is the UK's leading international provider of health and safety and environmental management qualification training.
RRC has over 90 years of experience in delivering high quality professional training, with a clear focus on our customers’ needs and the quality of what we do.
International Reach - RRC has established training centres in the UK, Dubai, Georgia and Tunisia, along with a global network of partners expanding the reach of RRC’s training and consultancy services.
Helping Business Improve HSE Performance - The expertise in HSE developed over the last 45 years of our history also allows us to work with organisations, developing and delivering innovative bespoke training solutions that help improve our customers' HSE performance.
Envico is working in partnership with RRC International offering NEBOSH training and is not accredited by or associated with NEBOSH, IOSH or any other examination bodies, awarding bodies, institutions or organisations in any way whatsoever.