IOSH Working Safely
Share this course with friends and followers on social media.
Give your team the skills they need to work safely. The IOSH Working Safely online course can be taken at your own pace in your own time. The course is accessed online in the cloud from your browser so you can study on multiple devices including your smart phone.
Who is the IOSH Working Safely Online Course Suitable For?
This online IOSH Working Safely course is suitable for workers at any level, in any sector and needs a grounding in health and safety.
What's Included in the IOSH Working Safely Online Course?
Online / E-learning
6 - 8 Hours
After successful completion of the online IOSH Working Safely course, delegates will gain a solid understanding of health and safety, including the ability of defining hazards and risks and identifying common hazards. Delegates should also find the overall safety performance within their workplace is improved: greater productivity being achieved, improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures, enhanced staff involvement to improve a working environment and an overall improved reputation within the supply chain.
Everything you need to gain the IOSH Working Safely certificate is included in the IOSH Working Safely online course price.
- All certificate and registration fees
- Full access to the e-learning course content and system (for 6 months)
- Full support throughout your course via phone, email and online chat
- Access to the final online assessment
Your IOSH Working Safely online course follows the same syllabus as the classroom course and is fully approved and audited by IOSH themselves.
The course modules follow the same structure and the content has been updated and adapted to suit the e-learning delivery. Throughout the course, you’ll complete activities to reinforce learning and take part in scenarios and mini-assessments to prepare yourself for the multiple-choice assessment at the end.
The IOSH Working Safely e-learning course is split into four modules:
Module 1 – Introducing Working Safely
- Define what is meant by safe working
- Why is it important to work safely
- Who is responsible for health & safety in the workplace
- An organisation’s responsibilities for health & safety
- Who has responsibility for worker actions
Module 2 – Defining Hazard & Risk
- Identify sources of hazards & risks
- Identify the six hazards groups
- Hazards which are not easy to identify
- What is meant by the term ‘hazard’ & ‘risk’
- What is meant by the term ‘risk assessment’
- What is meant by the terms ‘likelihood’ & ‘consequence’
- Deciding on what actions to take the control risk
- What is meant by the term ‘reasonably practicable’
Module 3 – Identifying Common Hazards
- Understand workplace precautions for the control of common workplace hazards and risks
Module 4 – Improving Safety Performance
- How to seek advice on workplace precautions and assist management in risk assessment and risk control
- Understand the importance of contributing to the improvement of an organisation’s safety performance via individual compliance with the employer’s safety policy & management systems
- What an organisation can do to manage & improve safety & health within the workplace
- Worker responsibilities for improving safety & health in the workplace
- How attitude & behaviour can affect safety & health in the workplace
- What a safe system of work is
- What a ‘permit to work’ is
- How safety signs can play an important part in communicating safety & health information
- Using Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The safety & health of other people who may come on site, including contractors, visitors & members of the public
- The role of safety committees & worker representatives in safety & health
- Types of workplace inspections
- Emergency procedures
- What is meant by the terms ‘incident’, ‘accident’ & ‘near miss’
- Reporting incidents, including near misses & accidents
- First aid provision
- The role of the safety & health enforcement inspector
- Health surveillance & monitoring
Assessment / Exam
The IOSH Working Safely assessment allows you 30 minutes to complete your questions.
- IOSH courses
- NEBOSH courses
- NVQ Health and Safety
An essential health and safety training guide
- Health and safety officer courses for responsible businesses
- Understanding health and safety in the workplace
- Understanding health and safety regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Managing safely with the best employees on your team
- Managing safely for better business
For short courses a completion certificate is available at the end of the course. You can screenshot this or print it out to confirm completion of the training.
For accredited courses a certificate will be sent directly to you from the appropriate awarding body.
All you need to complete our e-learning courses is a computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection.
E-learning is web-based and works on all popular platforms (Windows, IOS, Android etc) and on all popular browsers.
We recommend using the most up-to date version of your selected browser and operating system.
Our e-learning is accessed through your browser, no need to download or save to your own device, allowing you to learn from multiple devices anywhere with an internet connection.
In the modern world of business things move quickly, e-Learning allows our clients to structure their learning around their schedule.
Throughout your online course you will have support from your dedicated trainer and our office training team, learning from home doesn't mean learning alone.
Our courses are designed specifically for e-learning, and use a variety of content and learning techniques to help make learning simple.
Our e-learning courses include reading material, video/audio, games and exercises to teach content. You will work through the structured course towards an end of course assessment that will test what you have learned.
Advantages of E-learning
- Save money
- Learn in your own time
- Learn at home, work, or on-the-go
- No waiting
- Lower environmental impact
- Blended learning means you never miss a lesson
- Monitor your performance
- Flexible and tailored
- Learn from the cloud - no downloading required
You will instantly receive a confirmation email with your order details and your course login details will follow within one business working day.
Please note that course bookings can not be processed over weekends or bank holidays and will be processed the next business working day.
Click the 'Buy' or 'Add to cart' button and you will be taken to our payment/booking page where you can choose to pay online now using a debit/credit card or you can pay later by invoice.
Once you have paid for your course(s), you will receive an email from our team advising how to begin your training.
You will be provided with a username and password which will enable you to access the e-learning portal. Login to start your course, once you have completed and passed the course, you will be able to download and print your certificate straight away.
Project Skills Solutions was established in 2004 with its head office in Essex, England, we are privately owned and family-run. Since 2004 we have been providing companies and individuals with the widest options for safety training available at the most competitive prices with nationwide coverage.
Whether you are an individual looking to get on-site or a company with a whole workforce to retrain we have the solution for you.
ISO 9001:2015 Registered
Our focus is, and will always remain, the quality of our training delivery and we are an ISO 9001:2015 registered company.